Spending two weeks in Italy was intense but I'm glad I was able to go. Not everyone has the luxury to travel for such an extensive lengt...

Italy | Favorite Sites and Dishes

Spending two weeks in Italy was intense but I'm glad I was able to go. Not everyone has the luxury to travel for such an extensive length of time, especially to European countries when coming from the States. I thought it would be cool to share my views on what I liked seeing and eating. 



Florence 
Favorite Sites - Piazzale Michelangelo and Pitti Palace 


Favorite Dish - I had the best pesto pasta I have ever eaten in my life while in Florence. I was so excited and pretty much inhaled all the pasta. 

Venice 
Favorite Sites - St. Mark's Square and Rialto Bridge 



Favorite Dish - Honestly, I'm going to sound like an alcoholic but the Hugo Spritz was the best thing ever, I even learned to make it once I landed in the States. This drink and the Spritz originated in Venice.



Naples
Favorite Sites - I saw so much that it was hard to narrow down but I found seeing the volcano that would ruin thousands of lives from the coast of Naples was probably the coolest thing ever.



Favorite Dish - The spaghetti bolognese was amazing. Naples has the richest and most potent red pasta sauce, in this case gravy. This is what I'm used to eating and I was in heaven. Get red pasta sauce or gravy while in Naples, it's to die for. 



Rome
Favorite Sites - Rome is literally like walking through history which is probably the coolest part about the city. It has old and new mixed together so seamlessly it's insane. My favorite sites include the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Fountain on Piazza di Spagna. The Arch of Costantine and St. Peter's Basilica were right up at the top, as well. 


Favorite Dish - I spent the most time in Rome so I had plenty to choose from but the best dish I had while in Rome was the meat ravioli. I don't care for ravioli normally but this place made really good meat ravioli so it takes the cake for best dish I ate while in Rome.


Herculaneum 
Favorite Sites - Herculaneum is the smaller of the cities that was destroyed by the eruption of Vesuvius. Pompeii has songs and movies written about it but poor Herculaneum gets ignored. The cool part is how small the city is, you can walk it all in a day, and how well preserved it is. I can say I've been inside of ruins of a city that is almost two thousand years old. It's crazy to put that into perspective and I highly recommend seeing Herculaneum instead of Pompeii. 
(On my Instagram)

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love Europe as it has so much history! My mom has been to Italy before and absolutely loved it. I feel like I would love the food as well. I went to England last year and tried to eat locally and avoid anything that we could get in the States. This sounds like you had a great time and had some seriously delicious meals.
    Great post xx
    Jay
    blissfulbeautybird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Italy and this post has inspired me to get on and do it, especially as I believe it's only a three hour flight. It looks like you had an amazing time

    thekellydianereport.co.uk

    ReplyDelete