Does anyone listen to music while they work? Maybe while you drive or go for a walk with your dog? I almost said run but we all know I don&#...

Let's Talk About Podcasts

Does anyone listen to music while they work? Maybe while you drive or go for a walk with your dog? I almost said run but we all know I don't run! I do not enjoy listening to audio books but, since around mid-September, I started getting into a few podcasts. These podcasts are geared towards dating but also self-improvement, self-evaluation and even women's careers. I should mention that, even though all of these are created by women and target women, they are provide great insight and guidance for anyone. 





So the big question is...what the heck podcasts have I been listening to, right?! Well, fear not, I've listed them below with my thoughts and their overviews! Personally, I listen to these on Spotify so that's where the links will take you but you can find these on any platform that you listen to podcasts on! 

    

Overview
- Hosted by Natasha Chandel, a wickedly talented and successful woman in the entertainment industry, this podcast discusses dating topics with experts and takes a deep dive into the human psyche and modern dating.



Thoughts - This podcast kind of "showed up" on Spotify and I was like "why the fuck not?" I selected an episode with a topic I felt was most relevant to me at the time which happened to be "What's Your Attachment Style." Ever since that episode, I became a fan. Natasha is witty, thoughtful and open. It feels like you're having a conversation with a friend rather than just listening to a podcast. At least, that's how I feel because she sounds just like I do when I talk - blunt, snarky and in love with the work fuck. If you're going through a breakup, finding dating to be a hot mess (you're not alone, I promise) or are even in a relationship but want to maybe learn a bit more about yourself and improve...this is the show to listen to. If you don't love Natasha, it's definitely you, not her. 


    
Overview
- Dateable is hosted by two women, Yue Xu and Julie Krafchick. They are both on the older side of the spectrum when it comes to the Millennial generation and offer dating coaching along with bringing experts onto the show and collaborating with others in the space, Natasha Chandel from "Kinda Dating" has worked with them. This podcast is raved by the Huffington Post as one of the top ten podcasts about love and sex. 

Thoughts - Once I added "Kinda Dating" to my list on Spotify, this show popped up. As a curious little thing that I am, I look through the episodes and overview. The one that caught my attention was the episode titled "Addicted to Love." I found the episode insightful, thoughtful and intriguing. It was easy to listen t both Yue and Julie speak on this topic and just the flow of the episode was impressive. Clearly, I'm a fan. I've been plowing through episodes while I'm driving and even when I'm at work handling administrative tasks. I highly recommend picking an episode that has a topic relevant to you to start because you'll gain valuable insight and also become hooked. 


    
Overview
- This is hosted and created by Amber Grubenmann, an experienced dating coach. This podcast focuses on improving confidence, social skills and dating overall. While the title suggests its only about women, anyone can find value in listening to this podcast.

    
Thoughts - I stumbled upon this and really found it helpful. The episodes are usually shorter than most podcasts, usually under 20 minutes. I appreciate that it's concise and focused on a singular topic. I learned some good stuff about myself and how I handle things, how to improve and what to just accept. This isn't only about dating but also about exploring things about you from triggers to habits. Highly recommend giving a list.  

0 comments: